Monday 18 February 2013

Diary Entry - Day 4

This morning, Dad and I had arranged to meet at Africat HQ to see the lions being fed.

(There are several lions being kept in enclosures currently that have been relocated from the northern branch of Africat, up near Etosha)

The rendezvous time was 8 o'clock, and as Dad always wakes early, we didn't bother to set an alarm. This turned out to be a mistake, as due to a restless night, we both overslept!

I would have loved to see the lions, but I'm sure I will have another opportunity over the next five months. We carried on with our plans for the day, with Wayne showing us around Main Camp, which is being redeveloped. We then went on to Africat, where I met Chris, who will essentially be my boss whilst I am here. He showed us around all the displays and explained a little of the work I will be doing.

I've also been driving Wayne's Landcruiser around with my dad, with both of us attempting to learn our way around the winding roads- so far unsuccessfully...

However, now I am enjoying acclimatising and catching up on all that has changed whilst I've been away, before work starts in earnest on Thursday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment