Saturday 16 February 2013

Arrival

I arrived in Windoek at 6am yesterday morning, glad to stretch my legs after two cramped flights, along with my dad, who has come out for a week for a short visit. As the sun was not yet up, the temperature was pleasantly warm- but as the day progressed, it became very hot, which was rather a shock having left literally freezing-cold England!

We got to Okonjima at about 1.30, and apart from saying 'hello' to everybody I spent much of the day falling asleep, not exactly jet lagged due to a time difference of only two hours, but tired after travelling.

My dad, myself and the owner Wayne went on a quick drive before dinner, and we went on another this morning, giving me the opportunity to brush up on my identification skills and limited tracking knowledge.

This morning we saw a female cheetah, Dizzy, and the four resident wild dogs, three sisters and a brother, named Ruby, Raine, Ricki and Rex, respectively.

Hopefully I can start uploading photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment