Tuesday 19 February 2013

Diary Entry - Day 5

Yesterday, I did my first bit of proper off-road driving. I was on a drive with my dad, Wayne and AJ, who is currently involved in Okonjima's education program, but was our first ever guide back in 2008, and allowed me to tag along for a whole three weeks in 2010 whilst he was monitoring cheetah rehabilitation. With careful direction from Wayne, I negotiated increasingly dubious tracks, at least one of which I reckon I was only the second person ever to follow. I also managed to traverse some of the dry river beds semi-smoothly.

I've been having chats and meetings with various members of the family and team today.

It's raining this afternoon; there has been relatively little rain this year, so these heavy showers are very welcome- and refreshing in the heat.

I'm gathering photos of the local game, to put together a post describing them all.

Not much else of interest has happened today, but watch this space, because I have no idea what's on the agenda tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment