Friday 18 January 2013

Driving a Landcruiser,Okonjima July 2010

Today is exactly one year since I passed my driving test (although if it had been snowing then like it is today, I wouldn't have been able to take it!)

I actually did my first proper bit of learning at Okonjima, in the summer holidays after my GCSEs. Wayne and Yolandi kindly took me out and were very patient with my utter lack of understanding of how the car worked. The Landcruiser was a very big car to start off in, but with as much space as I had crawling around the wide roads and tracks near Main Camp, this really didn't matter; in fact I still drive quite a big car.

I remember being very excited to reach the heady speed of 20km/h! Most of the people I told weren't quite as impressed as I was...

These pictures were taken by my mum, the first time I drove her anywhere:



1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia - just pushed your blog round to some work colleagues and I know that one has signed up already - hooray! And, it seems that another one has already been to Okonjima. He went when he was 11 and one of the 'tame' cheetahs jumped on him! Sarah

    ReplyDelete