Thursday 6 December 2012

'Introduction'

Hi, I'm Olivia. At some point in February, I will get on a plane, change to another plane, and drive for a few hours in a car, ending up perhaps a day later at Okonjima, Namibia, home of the Africat Foundation. I will be there for  the following five months.

In August I recieved my A level results, confirming my place to study Veterinary Medicine at the Royal Veterinary College, London. To become a vet has been my lifelong dream, and I am very excited about beginning university in September 2013.

However, as I will be embarking on a rather intense five-year course, I decided to take a year out in order to start refreshed. Having visited Okonjima a few times previously, I am dying to return and become more involved with Africat; conservation is a long standing interest of mine, and big cats are my favourite animals.

I know I'm going to have a wonderful time at Okonjima, so I really want to document and share my experience.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Olivia,

    I've found your blog from Chris Packham's re-tweet.

    Congratulations on your A Level results.

    I've put your blog in my favorites and I shall look forward to reading the entries when your trip begins in February. Let's have lots of photographs of the animals please.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete